CP pistons for the stock stroke (69.7mm) Can-Am X3 are designed to following specs:
• Made from 2816-T61 aluminum forgings.
• Full round design, notched for squirters.
• Pocketed skirts for added support/rigidity.
• Valve reliefs and notched for piston squirters.
• 18mm (.708") 8620 material pins in .160” wall thickness.
• Nippon rings, 1.2mm top ring, big radial wall.
• Use with BC6931, BC6932 or BC6935 connecting rods with 18mm pin.
Pistons are the backbone of any true hardcore racing engine and that’s where CP-Carrillo excels. Our Engineering department started off analyzing the competition, gathering industry data and deciding to make the highest level of pistons, period. The heart and soul of our pistons are built through our Engineering Department and its resources. This department is made up of several factors that push them ahead of the competition; Reverse Engineering, Design Experience and Flexibility, Analysis and R&D. As in racing, it takes a lot to be number one; here at CP-Carrillo we have it all and are number one in piston design, enabling our customers to come in first on race day. Our commitment to excellence continues to advance as the industry changes. This commitment has resulted in more forgings specific to certain applications, proprietary treated wrist pins and rings manufactured only for us. Each of these aspects has been put through stringent research and development stages to ensure that our product will exceed your standards.